User Login Authentication from Multiple IP Addresses (DHCP)? pg_ hba.conf

From: David Wagoner <dwagoner(at)arsenaldigital(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL List (E-mail)" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: User Login Authentication from Multiple IP Addresses (DHCP)? pg_ hba.conf
Date: 2005-03-04 14:45:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've been reading the docs and FAQs for a method to setup pg_hba.conf to
allow named users to connect using MD5/password authentication from any IP
address. For example, I have a Developer who would login using a client
app. on his laptop which uses DHCP.

Surely there is a common solution :-). I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.1.

TIA

Best regards,

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator