Re: Copying only incremental records to another DB..

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: Copying only incremental records to another DB..
Date: 2009-07-27 03:03:04
Lists: pgsql-general

> To be clearer: Do you mean that the folder you backed up is the folder
> with the file "PG_VERSION" in it, and all its contents?

In my case, yes, because I can copy the config files as well. In general, I
was thinking of the folder passed to postmaster via -D. But of course if you
don't want to copy some config files, or you have some table spaces off on
another volume, you may need to do something a little more involved.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com