Re: Old versions of Test::More

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Old versions of Test::More
Date: 2017-04-21 14:36:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 21 Apr 2017, at 15:08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> As we discovered yesterday via jacana, very old versions of Test::More
> don't support the note() function. It therefore seems prudent to specify
> a minimum version number for the module in those scripts that use the
> function. According to the changelog, version 0.82 (released in Oct
> 2008) should be sufficient. So I suggest the attached patch.

+1 for specifying version (0.82 was replaced with 0.84 within hours but it
doesn’t really matter for this). However, since src/test/ssl/ServerSetup.pm
also invoke note() doesn’t it make sense to add the version requirement there
as well as a guard in case a testscript using ServerSetup isn’t explicitly
specifying the Test::More version?

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
test-more-version-v2.diff application/octet-stream 1.5 KB