Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

From: <Holger(dot)Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de>
To: <arthurprs(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Date: 2015-06-29 15:37:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Arthur Silva wrote on Monday, June 29, 2015 5:23 PM:
> Therefore, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate my main database on a
> slave server in order to run these cron on this second server... then,
> replicate these changes on the main database (master).

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html ?

If you do it the other way around, a hot standby (see: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/hot-standby.html) might work for you.

That is, your cron scripts would UPDATE the master server, and the Web site would do read-only queries against the slave server.

That’s for the built-in replication of PostgreSQL (sorry, I have no experience with the add-on replication solutions).