Re: mirroring a server and/or hot standby

From: <Holger(dot)Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de>
To: <jbleichert(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mirroring a server and/or hot standby
Date: 2015-06-24 14:04:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello John,

Since you mentioned a different OS and want to copy the entire instance it would seem that pg_dumpall is the way to go.

You would then import the dump into the new instance using psql.

See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-pg-dumpall.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-psql.html

Best regards,