Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

From: Andy Astor <andy(dot)astor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date: 2007-09-03 11:52:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Ciao Gabriele,

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I understand better your position. At
this point, it¹s very clear to me that:

1. most people would rather see the name changed, and that
2. most people want to ensure that we do the change thoughtfully and
correctly.

I count myself in favor of both of these, as well.

--Andy