Windows Vista not working

From: Richard Eng <richard(dot)eng(at)rogers(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows Vista not working
Date: 2007-07-09 15:49:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I¹m new to postgreSQL. I¹m running Windows Vista Home Premium. I tried
installing it (I had to turn off UAC), enabling user Œpostgres¹ for running
it as a Service. But I¹m encountering some really bizarre problems...

First, every time I try Œpsql¹ or Œcreatedb¹ in the command line, it says
the password does not match user Œrichard¹. I suppose this is because I¹m
logged in to Windows as Œrichard¹. Œrichard¹ is my Windows account
(administrator) under which I installed postgreSQL.

BUT, I cannot login as Œpostgres¹ because even though the installation
created this user, it is not visible in the User Accounts of Control Panel!
If I log off from Œrichard¹, there is no way to login as Œpostgres¹.

AND, I know the Œpostgres¹ account is there somewhere because if I try to
create it, it says the account already exists! So it exists but it¹s not
visible?! PostgreSQL installation has REALLY, REALLY screwed things up!

Does anyone know what the hell is going on??? Hasn¹t anyone used postgreSQL
under Vista?

Thanks,
Richard