[Pljava-dev] Missing JDBC Features - part II

From: jeffreylyon at mac(dot)com (Jeffrey Lyon)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Missing JDBC Features - part II
Date: 2006-10-11 03:17:08
Lists: pljava-dev

Sorry guys,

I took a look at SPI_prepare to see that prepareStatement does not
return the data types for the parameters, rather, it expects them.
So I guess that a call to getParameterType(index) before the
parameter is set would return the default (java.sql.Types.VARCHAR).
Sorry for jumping the gun.

However, I have a new question. When I do a

Integer x = null;
_prepared.setObject(1, x, java.sql.Types.INTEGER);

java.sql.SQLException: Can't assign null unless the SQL type is known
at org.postgresql.pljava.jdbc.SPIPreparedStatement.setObject
(SPIPreparedStatement.java:230)

is thrown. The problem that I'm having is that the exception is
thrown at SPIPreparedStatement.setObject(int columnIndex, Object
value) and not at SPIPreparedStatement.setObject(int columnIndex,
Object value, int sqlType), which is what I think I'm calling.
setObject(int, Object, int) doesn't call setObject(int, Object).

Thoughts?

OS X 10.4.9, Pgsql 8.1.3, PL/Java 1.3

Jeff