Wiki editor request

From: Reilly Wood <reilly(dot)wood(at)icloud(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wiki editor request
Date: 2019-07-17 04:30:32
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Would it be possible to get editor permission on the Postgres wiki? My community account name is Rwood.

I’m a software developer taking some time to learn Postgres administration+tuning. I have many years of experience with relational databases but Postgres is new to me, so I’m frequently searching the wiki for basic things. I’d like to improve the wiki when I can, even just tidying up formatting/link basics.

A few examples of minor changes I’ve wanted to make as I browse the wiki:

The Compile and Install from source code <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install_from_source_code> page refers people to the Postgres mirror on GitHub, but it doesn’t provide a link. Easy fix
The Detailed installation guides <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Detailed_installation_guides> page has a lot of old links that should be tidied up
Example: the Gentoo Linux link says “2007-04-25” which sounds woefully obsolete, but it actually points to a Gentoo wiki page which was updated last month <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PostgreSQL/QuickStart>

Thanks,
Reilly Wood