Data Mart with PostgreSQL

From: Renato Cramer <renato(at)domsis(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Lista Pgsql-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data Mart with PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-04-08 18:00:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

My objective is design and build a Data Mart what enable OLAP queries using
Open Source tools.

I will want know if the solution below is possible and correct or exist a
better solution:

1 - The data will be generate to PostgreSQL from a commercial Database by a
ETL process.

2 - The Mondrian will be used as the OLAP server.

3 - The JPivot will be used for OLAP navigations and queries.

I need know opinions about this approach. I'm don't very experienced in this
issue.

I thank in advance any suggestions, criticisms and opinions.

Regards,

Renato Cramer.