[Pljava-dev] PL/Java 64bit - The specified procedure could not be found.

From: David(dot)Gradwell at vocalink(dot)com (David Gradwell)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java 64bit - The specified procedure could not be found.
Date: 2012-05-24 08:11:56
Lists: pljava-dev

Binoy,

The dll is invoked by the Postgres Server which runs as a separate process. Therefore you have to have the pljava.dll on that classpath. I'm running with 64 bit Windows 7 and postgres.

My classpath is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client;C:\Program Files\Java\jd
k1.6.0_23\jre\bin;C:\Postgres\9.0\bin;C:\Postgres\9.0\lib;C:\Program Files\Java\
jdk1.6.0_23\jre\bin\server;

I have put the pljava.dll and pljava.jar into C:\Postgres\9.0\lib

My postgresql.conf relevant stuff is:

#custom_variable_classes = ''
# list of custom variable class names
# DJLG change 2nd June 2007, checked 15 Oct 2010 for 8.4 and directory changed to lib
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
# list of custom variable class names
pljava.classpath='C:\\Postgres\\9.0\\lib\\pljava.jar'

# Set the size of the prepared statement MRU cache
#
pljava.statement_cache_size = 10

# If true, lingering savepoints will be released on function exit. If false,
# the will be rolled back
#
pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true

# Define startup options for the Java VM.
#
pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M'

# Setting debug to true will cause the postgres process to go
# into a sleep(1) loop on its first call to java. This variable is
# only useful if you want to debug the PL/Java internal C code.
#
pljava.debug = false

That works !

I have some diagnostic java code I developed and you could have a copy if you are still stuck.

Regards

David

David JL Gradwell, M.A. (Cantab), F.B.C.S.
Chartered IT Professional
Head of Consulting
VocaLink

t: +44 (0)870 920 8516