Re: postgresql93-9.3.5: deadlock when updating parent table expected?

From: Dmitry O Litvintsev <litvinse(at)fnal(dot)gov>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql93-9.3.5: deadlock when updating parent table expected?
Date: 2015-02-18 18:30:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you, Bill,

Yes, deadlock occurs when there are multiple processes insert
concurrently into file table with the same volume id field.
I used "sometimes" as opposed to "all the time".

I think you advise to retry transaction or add select for update prior
to insert. I will pursue this (together with upgrade to 9.3.6 suggested by
Alvaro).

Thanks,
Dmitry