java.lang.AbstractMethodError

From: Craig Lawton <craiglawton(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
Date: 2001-12-02 07:11:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello All,

I've been working with PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and the JDBC driver under Mac OS
X. I'm able to connect to a database, create a statement and execute a
query that returns a ResultSet. However, I've had quite a bit of
trouble working with most of the ResultSet methods. Specifically, only
a handful of the ResultSet methods function properly. For example,
ResultSet.next() correctly positions the cursor at the next record, and
I can retrieve values using ResultSet.getXXX(), however, almost all
other ResultSet methods (such as first(), previous(), getRow(),
rowRefresh(), etc..) return the error java.lang.AbstractMethodError.
I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig Lawton