"save history" problem

From: "David F(dot) Johnson" <dfjohnson(at)cabaret(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "save history" problem
Date: 2006-04-24 01:33:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem:

==========

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

test=# \q
could not save history to file "/usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history": Permission
denied

==========

Other installations of stable releases of 8.x.x did not have this problem,
though I'm just now running it under Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.6). I'm guessing
it's a Tiger issue but I don't know what to do about it.

That said, shouldn't

/usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history

be

/usr/local/pgsql/.psql_history

instead? I gave up trying to fix it using a .psqlrc file.

Thanks,
David

PS Thank you SO MUCH for such an absolutely incredible database!