Why can't I connect to postgres?

From: "Theodore H(dot) Smith" <delete(at)elfdata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why can't I connect to postgres?
Date: 2006-07-24 15:21:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I just installed Postgres for Mac.

Also, where is a nice browser/editor for postgres? Something like the
OpenBase manager, but for Postgres. Something friendly and neat and
simple. I'm sick of all these stupid syntax errors making me spend
half a day doing something I could do in 1 minute.

I tried SyBrowserX, but it wouldn't connect. I tried an SQL browser
that I wrote myself in REALbasic, and it also wouldn't connect. Why
can't I connect to postgres??

I haven't got very far and yet I'm already seeing problems. I'm
assuming there's a simple solution.

--
http://elfdata.com/plugin/