WAL - recovery of updated dataset

From: doris riedl <doris(dot)riedl(at)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL - recovery of updated dataset
Date: 2006-04-04 21:52:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a postgres version 7.4.
Today I overwrote some data with an update statement, but only saw it after
I quit the database.
Can I use WAL to recover the data? - I know the time of my failure up to one
minute exact.
If yes how do I do this? The documentation (I have read everything on WAL,
but still have no clue how to start - especially when to design the
recovery.config-file) was no big help to me until now.

Regards
Doris