Statically linking against libpq

From: Johnny Yan <jyan(at)tableau(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Statically linking against libpq
Date: 2016-07-06 20:01:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

We're building the postgres odbc driver by ourselves for our customers on Linux. It builds against hence depends on libpq.so. We're wondering if there is a secret configure flag to statically link against libpq such that the final psqlodbcw.so has less dependencies and in particular doesn't depend on libpq.so. Also if there is no such config flag yet, are you guys planning to add one? Thank you for your help in advance.

Johnny