impact of auto explain on overall performance

From: Stephan Schmidt <schmidt(at)dltmail(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: impact of auto explain on overall performance
Date: 2019-03-14 07:29:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

i’m currently working on a high Performance Database and want to make sure that whenever there are slow queries during regular operations i’ve got all Information about the query in my logs. So auto_explain come to mind, but the documentation explicitly states that it Comes at a cost. My Question is, how big is the latency added by auto_explain in percentage or ms ?

Best regards,

stephan