delete then insert

From: Ken Benson <Ken(at)infowerks(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: delete then insert
Date: 2020-01-17 20:03:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

So - I THINK I know - that when a row is deleted from a table - the row is not actually removed from the table - but, merely marked as deleted, thus becoming a dead tuple.
AUTOVACUUM - takes care of the process of removing these dead tuples.

My question. If - an insert occurs to that same table before autovacuum comes along, does that inserted record use a dead tuple? Or - does the insert result in an actual added row?

Ken Benson | ken @ infowerks-dot-com