Ubuntu upgrade, 10.04 to 12.04, postgres 8.4.7 to 8.4.11

From: Anthony G(dot) <agenerette(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ubuntu upgrade, 10.04 to 12.04, postgres 8.4.7 to 8.4.11
Date: 2013-03-03 01:48:12
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi,I have a quick question that I'd like to see if I can get a bit of input on.As part of our company's efforts to stay current and make obtaining support less problematic,we're upgrading our Ubuntu hosts to 12.04 LTS. Late yesterday, I completed this upgrade (fromversion 10.04) on one of our Development system. Now, though, things that generated noerrors before the upgrade are kicking out:"no function matches the given name and argument types.You might need to add explicit type casts"When called from some of our ruby scripts. Is there someone in the group who can tell me what I need to do to resolve this issue?-Anthony