new instance of postgres on windows

From: Arvind Singh <arvindps(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: new instance of postgres on windows
Date: 2013-07-18 10:22:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello and greetings,

I want to install postgresql for use as the backend to a Windows application.

This seems to be no problem if postgresql is NOT already installed on the system. which is not in this case.

postgresql is already installed and unless the command line
parameters contain the superpassword etc of the existing installation , the install fails.
As I will likely never know the superpassword or other account details
of any pre-existing postgresql instances and the machine owners may not
either.

How to then proceed and install a new instance that can be used by our application.

Window 7
Postgres 9.3 beta

regards