Re: Visualize database schema

From: José Pedro Santos <zpsantos1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <dario(dot)beraldi(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Visualize database schema
Date: 2012-08-14 09:18:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I use to visualize a database schema Quantum GIS or UDIG. Both are open source software and very esay to add a database schema.

Best Regards,
José Santos

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:54:34 +0100
Subject: [GENERAL] Visualize database schema
From: dario(dot)beraldi(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't come up with a decent solution...

Can anyone advice about a tool to visualize a database schema? Ideally, I would like something that takes the SQL definition of a schema or database (essentially the output of pg_dump) and produces a graphical representation of the tables, constraints and indexes which can be moved around for ease of visualization (something like the "Graphical query builder" that comes with pgAdmin =>1.14).

I don't care (and don't want) to modify or query the database with such tool, I just want to visualize it. (In fact, I tried to use pgAdmin for this but the graphical queries can only be saved as images and so they cannot be reloaded).

Thanks!

Dario