Postgres bug #4907 : stored procedures and changed tables

From: Chris Barnes <compuguruchrisbarnes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres bug #4907 : stored procedures and changed tables
Date: 2009-08-21 18:21:34
Lists: pgsql-general

We have run into postgres bug #4907 : stored procedures and changed tables

To say, we have created a function and made changes to the table and the procedure no longer works giving the error below

ERROR: structure of query does not match function result type
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "related_screens" line 2 at RETURN QUERY

We have worked around this problem by creating different type and assigned it to (RETURNS SETOF public.t1020screen_duplicate) and this works.

We are using this version of postgres.

PostgreSQL 8.3.3 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9)

My question, is there a fix available for postgres 8.3.3

According to the link below this happens in 8.3.7 and 8.4.0. Are there patches for these as well. We currently run all three versions.

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/162867790907121325n7d65480alfea999afae8cdcce@mail.gmail.com

Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671355