“FATAL: role “username” does not exist”. Thanks.

From: "Matt Russo (mrusso)" <Matt(dot)Russo(at)quest(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: “FATAL: role “username” does not exist”. Thanks.
Date: 2021-07-23 16:06:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I installed the Postgresql ODBC drivers and when I try to test my connection I get “FATAL: role “postgres” does not exist”.
I am able to connect to PostgreSQL and use it in pgAdmin.
I tried adding a role for the user but PG returns it already exists.
I also added a role of a different user PGADMIN but that gave the same error.

I fully uninstalled PostgreSQL. Deleted the directory postgresql in program files.
Fully uninstalled the ODBC drivers.
I installed PostgreSQL 13.
I installed the 13 ODBC drivers.
I am still getting the same error.
No bugs listed like this on https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-bugs/
Dr. Google suggests a role or username is lacking. So I try adding a role but it says user postgres already exists.
I tried adding a second user. No good trying the second user.

Please let me know your advice.

Best Regards,

Matt

Matt Russo | Enterprise Technical Support Senior Advanced
P: 813-600-3438 E: Matt(dot)Russo(at)Quest(dot)com<mailto:Matt(dot)Russo(at)Quest(dot)com> erwin by Quest

[cid:image001(dot)jpg(at)01D77FBB(dot)2D11C470]