Trouble creating extensions: postgis and postgis_topology

From: "Zeng, David (GE Healthcare)" <david(dot)zeng(at)ge(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trouble creating extensions: postgis and postgis_topology
Date: 2018-03-08 19:41:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello, my friends, I am configuring PostGIS for the database restore. I ran the following sequence successfully on a brand new database yesterday afternoon:

CREATE SCHEMA postgis;
ALTER DATABASE dz5 SET search_path="$user", public, postgis,topology;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA postgis TO public;
CREATE EXTENSION postgis WITH SCHEMA postgis;
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;

However, I got the following error when it get to “CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;” step today:

ERROR: type "geometry" does not exist

Any thoughts? Has any one of you experienced this before?
David Zeng | System Database Administrator