Max_connections limit

From: Daulat Ram <Daulat(dot)Ram(at)exponential(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Max_connections limit
Date: 2019-06-26 07:13:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello team,

We have migrated our database from Oracle 12c to Postgres 11. I need your suggestions , we have sessions limit in Oracle = 3024 . Do we need to set the same connection limit in Postgres as well. How we can decide the max_connections limit for postgres. Are there any differences in managing connections in Oracle and postgres.

SQL> show parameter sessions;

NAME TYPE VALUE
java_max_sessionspace_size integer 0
java_soft_sessionspace_limit integer 0