./configure --with-openssl=path fails

From: Wes <wespvp(at)syntegra(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ./configure --with-openssl=path fails
Date: 2006-01-06 19:50:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Because of our build environment, we need to build PostgreSQL specifying the
location of the openssl libraries to insure everyone is using the same
libraries, regardless of the system software is built and executed on. At
7.4.5, we used:

./configure --with-openssl=path

This no longer works with 8.x. See:

<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2003-11/msg00278.php>

What is the correct way to work around this restriction? Set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

This is on a variety of unix platforms.

Wes