Re: Best way to manage users

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Kevin Crenshaw <kcrenshaw(at)viscient(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best way to manage users
Date: 2006-01-04 14:59:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 1/4/06 9:51 AM, "Kevin Crenshaw" <kcrenshaw(at)viscient(dot)com> wrote:

> I am talking about web app users. I would like to store contact information
> as well as billing related info like billing address and payment history and
> status. I am developing in VB.Net.

Sean

As another poster pointed out, there are a number of ways to do this--all
depend on your data and needs for it. If you are familiar with database
normalization, then determine what is the best normalization for your data.
If that is a foreign concept, I would grab a book on SQL and database design
and read a few chapters about how to best design a database. Alternatively,
there are a number of nice SQL and database design tutorials available
online--use Google judiciously.

As for specifics of VB.Net, I don't use it, so I can't really tell you how
to best use the database information from your code--sorry.

Sean