Re: Archives formatting

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Gevik babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archives formatting
Date: 2005-12-13 23:20:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On 13/12/05 10:59 pm, "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:

> Looks very good :)
>
> I noticed that some list names get word-wrapped in IE.
>
> See attachment.

Wow, lot's of feedback :-) I'll try to cover everything in this one message:

1) Word wrap in IE. Longer names are going to wrap of course. Magnus has
been talking with Emily about a CSS fix for the overwriting problem, so I'm
waiting for the outcome of that.

2) Categorisation. Yes, I wanted to do that but the CSS made it quite
difficult, and I couldn't get it to work as I wanted (lot's of overprinting
issues, similar to those above. I need to try to understand the CSS better -
if anyone has any hints, please shout!

3) Search box - yes I agree it looks too big - that's the standard CSS
again. We could lose all but the text box and ML combo box from the main
form, and put the rest on a standalone 'advanced' form. I'll knock something
up.

4) Generation from main code. Should be possible, but how necessary is it?
All the CSS is checked out straight from CVS - the rest probably will never
change.

5) Mhonarc versions - not my area; Marc?

6) Link color - the links use the standard CSS from the main site. If I
change one, I would need to change them both to avoid the fun of having two
slightly-different sets of stylesheets. I do see what you mean though - any
ideas anyone?

7) Looks good - thanks, but I can't take credit for that; Emily and Omar did
all the hard work.

Regards, Dave