Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.

From: "Somasekhar Bangalore" <sbangalore(at)zensutra(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.
Date: 2003-10-06 06:58:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi ,

I am setting up a postgres 7.3 database for a big client.I don't want to lose any data in case of database crash or hardware failure . I need help in

1. Steps needed to setup the postgres database , is it posssible for me to write data on to two different disks. if so how?

2. Steps needed to recover the data in case of database crash or hardware crash.

I would appreciate if some could help me out on these issues. Thanks in advance

Somasekhar Bangalore
Principle Software Engineer

ZenSutra Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Suite 601, HM Geneva House
#14, Cunningham Road
Bangalore 560-052, India