Restoring dtabase problem

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restoring dtabase problem
Date: 2006-08-04 17:06:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to restore a database from a pg_dump.
I have a problematic issue in that a few rows have a problem with UTF-8
encoding.
All of these rows are in a specific table.
Is there something I can run against the table which will validate the
rows which have the bad data and delete the rows?

The database is quite large (8GB) and I was informed that it would be
much faster to restore using the COPY method as opposed to the INSERT
method.
Any and all assistance will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin