Building new FreeBSD box - some assistance needed

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Building new FreeBSD box - some assistance needed
Date: 2006-07-31 18:52:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am building a new FreeBSD 6.1 box to migrate from the Windows
PostgreSQL.
I am having some issues getting PostgreSQL to load when I try to
duplicate my configuration as running on the Windows box.

I have made the modifications to loader.conf. All of the SHM values are
being set properly (as I can see them in sysctl -a with the new values),
but the sem values are not being updated.
I have limited the # of connections to bypass this minor problem, but
would like to be able to bump it.

Do I need to rebuild the kernel for these values to take effect?