tsrange format

From: Greg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tsrange format
Date: 2016-01-03 19:40:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is it easily possible to supply and receive tsrange types in epoch values, or is it really all down always to string parsing?
As a general rule, I pass time in the app in epoch-float values, which is then converted by the presenter/controller layer to the right format used by views, whether that’s a html app or some other type of an app. After all, I don’t always need the date in the YYYY-MM-DD format, and I want to be independent from the server configuration. Any wisdom on that front please ?