Re: PG 7.4: duplicate rows in violation of unique

From: Steve Lane <slane(at)soliantconsulting(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jesse LaVere <jlavere(at)soliantconsulting(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PG 7.4: duplicate rows in violation of unique
Date: 2005-02-10 05:28:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom:

Thanks. What's odd here is that we seemed to have none of them, and then
found a bunch, immediately after processes starting crashing.

This is not the first time this has happened -- we had an outbreak once
before.

It's quite possible that we had these lurking in there for a while, and only
found them during the checks we did after the process crashes.

Does 7.4.6 incorporate the patch for this?

-- sgl