hostnossl in pg_hba.conf demands a password

From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hostnossl in pg_hba.conf demands a password
Date: 2016-11-14 21:10:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've been experimenting a bit with both 9.4.10 and 9.6.0 and both of these are exhibiting the same behavior. I've been setting up zabbix and the local agent requires a trust connection. So, if my pg_hba.conf has a line:

host all monitoring. 127.0.0.1/32. trust

It works as I expected, but if I change "host" to "hostnossl" and reload, it then demands a password for the monitoring user.

The servers are configured with SSL and all other connections require "hostssl", but the zabbix agent is not configured with SSL. I'd say this behavior is a bug, but maybe I missed reading the fine manual somewhere. Has anyone else seen this or maybe the docs need updating.

--
Jay

Sent from my iPad