Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded

From: Scott Carey <scott(at)richrelevance(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Madison Kelly <linux(at)alteeve(dot)com>, Gary Doades <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded
Date: 2010-01-06 01:04:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

CLUSTER also does *nothing at all* to a table unless you have chosen an index to CLUSTER on. Its not as simple as switching from VACUUM or VACUUM FULL to CLUSTER.

Does CLUSTER also REINDEX? I seem to recall reducing the size of my indexes by REINDEXing after a CLUSTER, but it was a while ago and I could have been mistaken.