Shell Commands

From: "Carl Olivier" <carl(at)zero-one(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Shell Commands
Date: 2003-03-06 15:21:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings.

OK, so I am going to ask a bad question, but hey, here goes:

In MSSql it is possible to run Shell commands from within Sql via any
interface (suchg as JDBC) using mechanism MSSql provides....

Is this possiible in POSTGRESql? I know it is a security hole (through
which many MS Servers are exploited), but was just wondering!

Anyway, thanks in advance,

Carl Olivier