Re: how to modify the navfooter

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Richard Swagerman <rswagerman(at)salesforce(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to modify the navfooter
Date: 2018-08-07 22:45:18
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On Aug 7, 2018, at 6:21 PM, Richard Swagerman <rswagerman(at)salesforce(dot)com> wrote:
>
> Where is the content of the navfooter established?
> I would like to make some modifications to this footer, but I am unable to figure out where the source that generates it.
>
> I am building the documentation following the instructions from "Building The Documentation" in Appendix J, currently on 9.6.
>
> I am using the command:
> make STYLE=website html
>
> I can see the generated navfooter div section in the output html. I must be missing something, because I cannot find a file in the git branch that includes the class named "navfooter" or or any other words like "Navigation footer", "Next", or "Prev".
>
> I have limited understanding of stylesheets (whether dsl or xsl), but I am hoping that I can make the small modifications needed for our use.

I’m not as familiar with the doc builds but it looks like this is available
in the “stylesheet.xsl” file.

> I am also curious about the docFooter div section that appears in the publicly published PostgreSQL documentation pages. It does not appear when I build the docs.
> Is there a reason that the copyright does not appear on each page when I do the doc build?
> Is there some way to get it included when I do the doc build?
> What file is used that contains the format (style?) info for that generated html div section?

That is in the pgweb[1] project, i.e. this file[2]. My understanding
is that probably will not be included in the doc build, as there is
content in it that is specific to the website :-)

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=summary <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=summary>[2] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=blob;f=templates/docs/docspage.html; <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=blob;f=templates/docs/docspage.html;h=3c5535b43a6f60328bde1bf28903db5bcf81277a;hb=HEAD>