Postmaster won't shut down

From: <wespvp(at)syntegra(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postmaster won't shut down
Date: 2004-04-11 03:10:42
Lists: pgsql-general

I've got a 2 hour index build that has been running for 9 hours. With 'ps
-efl' I see that there is a VACUUM ANALYZE running that started 24 hours ago
and my index build is 'wating'. I sent a SIGINT to postmaster and it kicked
all sessions out, but the VACUUM is still running so postmaster won't shut
down.

How do I safely kill this thing so I can get restart postmaster and my index
build?

Wes