Restoring From pg_dumpall

From: Hunter Hillegas <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restoring From pg_dumpall
Date: 2003-11-14 05:07:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to restore a file that I created using pg_dumpall.

I have searched the archives and the documentation. I know I am supposed to
use pg_restore but there is no example for restoring from a pg_dumpall file
(where the databases don't already exist).

How is it done? I think I have to specify a template or something but I
can't figure it out.

Can this be added to the documentation? It seems like something that lots of
folks would want to do.

Thanks,
Hunter