postmaster fatal error LC_TIME:fr when launching

From: jean Bousquet <cogilog(at)cogilog(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postmaster fatal error LC_TIME:fr when launching
Date: 2003-06-19 22:50:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
I installed posrgresql 7.3.3 from scratch by compiling the sources on a
PowerMac G4 running Mac OSX.2.3 with the Dec 2002 dev. tools.
gnumake, gnumake check, gnumake install were all OK
initdb is also OK
When I run postmaster I get the following fatal error message :

[G4:/Users/jbo] postgres% /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data
FATAL: invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'fr'

fr seems to be for france but I am not able to known what to do to fix the
problem.
I tried to rerun ./configure enabling locale (--enable-locale). I redo the
install process but the error is always the same.
May be a postgresql power user can point me to the right direction ?

Many thanks for your advice

Jean