problem connecting from JDBC

From: "Ravi Kanth" <ravi_kanth(at)msn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem connecting from JDBC
Date: 2003-11-10 16:44:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
I am trying to access postgresql database (7.3.2 - that came by default with
RedHat Linux 9 distro) using JDBC. I have a Linux user called "oracle" that
I have created in postgresql also and gave that user privileges to create a
database.
I tried to create a databse using createdb and it works.
The url that I am using in JDBC is: "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/test",
"oracle", "". It reverts bck with error that says:
SQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are
correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
I am using JDK 1.4.2 and NetBeans IDE.
Can anyone plz help? Thanks.

Ravi.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.