commit callback, request

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: commit callback, request
Date: 2006-04-05 11:22:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

Is possible make transaction commit trigger without patching code now? I
finding way , but all usable interfaces are static. I remember on diskussion
about it and about changes in LISTEN/NOTIFY implementation. Is there any
progress?

I need it for simulation of Oracle dbms_alert.signal function. Whole
dbms_alert package is similar our LISTEN/NOTIFY. Difference is dbms_alert is
server side solution and L/N is client side. Is any chance so this
interface will be in 8.2?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!