Stop restarting of inner plan??

From: "Ramanujam H S Iyengar" <hals_ramu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stop restarting of inner plan??
Date: 2004-05-15 12:04:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Can someone tell me how can i let the inner plan in a nestloop join NOT to
restart for each tuple of the outer Plan ..
so essentially, my inner plan has to be executed only once and not 'n' times
.. where 'n' is the number of outer tuples ...

I tried by commenting ExecReScan(innerPlan, econtext, (Plan *) node); at
line # 154 in nodeNestLoop.c .. but that is not working out !! :-\

Some one can please educate me about what is happenning !!!

-Ramu

Contact brides & grooms FREE! http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag
Only on www.shaadi.com. Register now!