Re: Function with OUT parameter and Return Query

From: Hector Menchaca <hm34306(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Function with OUT parameter and Return Query
Date: 2014-10-05 18:10:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Correct... in this case that wold suffice...
thanks

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 10:06:04 +0200
Subject: Re: [SQL] Function with OUT parameter and Return Query
From: guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info
To: hm34306(at)hotmail(dot)com
CC: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi,

All,Struggling tying to get a function that works in Maraidb stored procs...looking to return an OUT Parameter value with Return Query
CREATE FUNCTION sp_AgentServer_Register (_agentserver_name TEXT, _port INTEGER, out _out_agent_server_id INTEGER) RETURNS SETOF AgentServerAS $$BEGIN Select _agent_server_id INTO _out_agent_server_id FROM sp_private_AgentServer_Insert(_agentserver_name, _port);
Update AgentServer SET RegisteredOn = NOW() where AgentServer_ID = _out_agent_server_id;
RETURN QUERY Select * From AgentServer where AgentServer_ID = _out_agent_server_id; END$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
In doing this an error is returned :ERROR: function result type must be integer because of OUT parameters
If I change to Integer, then I get an Error From the return query...ERROR: cannot use RETURN QUERY in a non-SETOF function
Is there a way to do this? (I'm assuming no at this point... i hoping there is some flag or something that I can set...)I can do this with MariaDB and SqlServer...

In the above function, you don't need the ", out _out_agent_server_id INTEGER" because you already have it in the AgentServer record it sends back. So get rid of it, and it should work.

--
Guillaume.
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info