Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction

From: hitesh ramani <hiteshramani(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, "pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction
Date: 2015-03-13 15:03:24
Lists: pgsql-students

Hello Stephen,
Thank you for the response.
> You'll seriously need to differentiate what your proposal is from the
> existing PG Strom project for it to make sense to accept as truely
> independent from that effort, if that's your intent.
I will definitely write strong points which will differ my proposal from PG Strom.
> Further, I expect that you'll need to find a mentor who has access to the same kind of
> environment which you have access to where you'll be doing this work (we
> are unable to provide any hardware to you for this effort, as I
> understand it).

I have access to a NVidia GPU(Quodro K600). This is the only hardware I need I suppose to run the CUDA code. Moreover, as CUDA runs on most of the NVidia GPUs(as listed on the Nvidia website), anyone having a NVidia CUDA compatible GPU can help me with this.
Thanks and Regards,Hitesh Ramani