Schemas and views

From: Darryl Pye <darrylpye(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Schemas and views
Date: 2013-01-27 11:02:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I have a multi-tenant application that users a schema per client to separate data and some functionality.
I can run functions declared in the public schema and only the appropriate tables in the schema that I have set with search_path get affected, and want to use the same principal with views however
views always have schema qualified tables.

I have downloaded the source for postgres and am stepping through the code to try and get an understanding on how it fits together, and was looking for some advice on the best way to approach this problem.

Regards,

Darryl