Best practice in postgres

From: "Nilesh Doshi" <nileshd(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Best practice in postgres
Date: 2004-12-10 22:49:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

I'm new to postgres, so I need your help.

We are in the process of migrating from oracle to postgres. DB size is about
400gb.
My question is about schemas in oracle and postgres. Does every schema in
oracle becomes a separate database in postgres ? OR it is still like oracle,
where all schemas are part of big database ?

Also, I thought vacuuming will be easier if oracle schema becomes database
in postgres. For example in our case each schema is like 80-90 gb, smaller
compare to vacuuming on 400gb.

Thanks,