Performance of PostgreSQL and Oracle

From: lai yoke hman <lllhman(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance of PostgreSQL and Oracle
Date: 2007-07-06 02:44:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,
I have seen some performance testing indicates that apparently the PostgreSQL 8 is faster in writing data while seems like Oracle 10g is better in reading data from database, can any one tell me why? Or is there anyone done performance benchmark on them before?
This is urgent.
Thanks.
Call friends with PC-to-PC calling for free!
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview