Stored Procedure: COPY table FROM (where path is a text variable)

From: Charles Pare <debile_trash(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stored Procedure: COPY table FROM (where path is a text variable)
Date: 2007-07-02 16:57:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, in a stored procedure, if I do COPY table FROM 'mypath' DELIMITERS '\t'; it works but if my path is a text variable, i.e.COPY table FROM mytextvar DELIMITERS '\t'; it doesn't work, I get ERROR: syntax error at or near "$1"SQL state: 42601Context: SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "parseinsert" near line 15Thank'sCharles
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx